The Parliament of New South Wales is committed to monitoring the current situation relating to COVID-19, and taking real-time actions to ensure the health and safety of all Members, staff and guests.
Precautionary measures have been implemented in accordance with the guidelines and recommendations provided by NSW Health, the Australian Government Department of Health and the World Health Organisation.
Parliamentary Catering’s pre-existing strict hygiene standards have now been expanded to include the following additional procedures:
- Strangers’ Restaurant is currently closed
- The Public Cafe is currently closed
- All functions are currently cancelled or postponed
- The gift shop remains open for online orders, delivery options are available
- Farmer Market Hamper Boxes are available for online orders with delivery options to Sydney Metro, please visit https://expresswholesalers.com.au/
- Social distancing – in line with directives from the Department of Health
- Minimising person-to-person contact where possible
- Increased regularity of deep cleaning of the venue
- Provisions for hand sanitizers throughout the venue
- Anti-bacterial soap available in the bathrooms
- Mandating that all staff showing signs of illness remain home.
During this challenging time, please support us in remaining vigilant to ensure the health and safety for everyone.
For more information, please cal NSW Parliament on (02) 9230 2111, 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.